Authors & Artists Series
Save the Date:
April 27: Donavan Sherman
May 25: Yellowface: Esther Kim Lee
- Samuel Ting, Nobel Laureate of Physics – An Asian / American Journey
- Rachel Kushner, Award-Winning Author | A Reading and Conversation
- Bread and Puppet Theater: "Our Domestic Resurrection Circus: Apocalypse Defiance"
- A Dream Talk | Peter Sellars, Theatre Director and Distinguished Professor, UCLA
- Yalda: An Iranian Twelfth Night
- Wang Chong: Theatre-Making in China in the Age of COVID-19
- Ada Limón, 24th Poet Laureate of the United States
- Computational Poetics: Language and Technology
- Musical Map of China featuring Ye Yunchuan, Founder of Rhymoi Music
- Sixth Annual Poetry Symposium: Healing & Hope Through Diverse Journeys
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Tracy K. Smith, former Poet Laureate of the United States
- Joy Harjo, Poet Laureate of the United States
- The Intersection: Woke Black Folk
- Terrance Hayes: A Reading and Conversation
- Award-Winning Author Tiphanie Yanique, "Monster in the Middle" in conversation with Felix Jean-Louis (UCI History)
- Centennial: 100 Years of Charles Mingus
- Juli Delgado Lopera, author, - Fiebre Tropical
- Pulitzer-Prize winning author Viet Thanh Nguyen
- Buddhism and Science
- Sandra Cisneros, Award-winning author of "House on Mango Street"
- Dr. Reuben Miller, author, Halfway Home: Race, Punishment, and the Afterlife of Mass Incarceration
- A Reading and Conversation with Writer and Urbanist Nadia Owusu
- Jos Charles poet
- Patience Agbabi poet and performer
- The Shakespeare Trial with L. Song Richardson (UCI Law) and Erwin Chemerinksy (Berkeley Law)
- David Henry Hwang playwright
- Rafael Campo, Poetry of Hope and Healing physician and poet
- Tang Shu-Wing theater director, Hong Kong
- Letters from Home multi-media performance & memoir
- Helen Zia author of “Last Boat from Shanghai”
- Bruce Sterling futurist and science fiction writer
- Clarinda Jackson Mac Low, “The Pronouns”
- Simon Majumdar, “Fed, White and Blue: Finding America with My Fork”
- Min Jin Lee, “Pachinko”
- Sarah Stillman, Staff writer for “The New Yorker”
- Bill McKibben, “The End of Nature”
- Kevin Young, “Brown: Poems”
- Natasha Treheway, Pulitzer Prize Winning Poet, “Native Guard”
- Grace Talusan, “The Body Papers”
- Jennine Capo Crucet, “Make Your Home Among Strangers”
- Colson Whitehead, Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author, "Underground Railroad"
- Ted Chiang, "Arrival"
- Jill Lepore, "The American Experience - A Lab Report"
- Alice Sebold '98, "The Lovely Bones", "Lucky"
- Angie Thomas, "The Hate U Give"