Authors & Artist Series
Authors and Artists: Major Guests 2021 - 2022
Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Tracy K. Smith, former US Poet Laureate
Thu, Oct 21, 2021 5:00 PM - Zoom Webinar
Joy Harjo, Poet Laureate of the United States
Tue, Nov 16, 2021 5:00 PM - Zoom Webinar
Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Viet Thanh Nguyen
Thu, Feb 3, 2022 5:00 PM - Crystal Cove Auditorium, UCI Student Center
Donald S. Lopez Jr., Buddhism and Science
Wed, Apr 20, 2022 5:00 PM - Humanties Gateway 1030, School of Humanities
ILLUMINARIES UCI FACULTY AUTHORS, curated by Professor Julia Lupton (English)
Jonathan Alexander, Faculty Author (English, Education, and Gender & Sexuality Studies)
STROKE BOOK: The Queer Story of a Blindspot
5-6 p.m. PDT
GLOBAL CONVERSATION SERIES, curated by Professor Daphne Lei (Drama)
- Jos Charles poet
- Patience Agbabi poet and performer
- The Shakespeare Trial with L. Song Richardson (UCI Law) and Erwin Chemerinksy (Berkeley Law)
- David Henry Hwang playwright
- Rafael Campo, Poetry of Hope and Healing physician and poet
- Tang Shu-Wing theater director, Hong Kong
- Letters from Home multi-media performance & memoir
- Helen Zia author of “Last Boat from Shanghai”
- Bruce Sterling futurist and science fiction writer
- Clarinda Jackson Mac Low, “The Pronouns”
- Simon Majumdar, “Fed, White and Blue: Finding America with My Fork”
- Min Jin Lee, “Pachinko”
- Sarah Stillman, Staff writer for “The New Yorker”
- Bill McKibben, “The End of Nature”
- Kevin Young, “Brown: Poems”
- Natasha Treheway, Pulitzer Prize Winning Poet, “Native Guard”
- Grace Talusan, “The Body Papers”
- Jennine Capo Crucet, “Make Your Home Among Strangers”
- Colson Whitehead, Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author, "Underground Railroad"
- Ted Chiang, "Arrival"
- Jill Lepore, "The American Experience - A Lab Report"
- Alice Sebold '98, "The Lovely Bones", "Lucky"
- Angie Thomas, "The Hate U Give"
UCI’s Advisory Council on Campus Climate, Culture & Inclusion; Chancellor’s Distinguished Speakers Series; UCI Libraries; M.F.A. Programs in Writing; Forum for the Academy and the Public; Center for Critical Korean Studies; Phi Beta Kappa; and Humanities Commons. Other sponsors include the departments of English, African American Studies, Asian American Studies, Criminology, Law & Society, and the Center for Excellence in Writing and Communication.